[ntp:questions] Re: Meanings of states from ntpq -c rv

Daniel Kabs daniel.kabs at gmx.de
Wed Feb 15 12:35:44 UTC 2006

Hello!

Are you talking about the "clock discipline state machine"?

I also had a hard time finding information about the state's numerical
values as "procedures and algorithms briefings" only contain symbolic
names. Check the file ntpd/ntp_loopfilter.c. I hope these are the valid
values for "state":

#define S_NSET  0               /* clock never set */
#define S_FSET  1               /* frequency set from the drift file */
#define S_SPIK  2               /* spike detected */
#define S_FREQ  3               /* frequency mode */
#define S_SYNC  4               /* clock synchronized */

Cheers
Daniel