[ntp:questions] Re: Reading time offset from ntp variables using ntpq

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Thu Feb 16 12:45:39 UTC 2006

Daniel,

I don't see any productive process in responding to your message other
than to suggest you read the available documentation. The four
timestamps are developed at very specific events in the protocol
operations and you have to interpret the time and other data with
respect to the operations involved. If this is "unfair", that indeed is
the case. If the issue is about actual accuracy versus the clock
discipline algorithm, I have no definitive advise other than to study
the design in the available documentation.

Dave