[ntp:questions] Re: what is the typical linux kernel clock like?

Thomas A. Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Fri Feb 17 00:03:33 UTC 2006

I was mostly asking if linux clocks still suffer from missed time of day
interrupts.

Everyone has been responding with what a great server linux can be, but I'm
more interested in a heavily loaded linux client machine. Will ntpd still
flake out and have to start doing settimeofday calls if lots of timer
interrupts disappear because bad video drivers have interrupts held off
while rendering opengl teapots and such :-).
--
      email: Tom.Horsley at worldnet.att.net icbm: Delray Beach, FL      |
<URL:http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley> Free Software and Politics <<==+