[ntp:questions] Re: Reading time offset from ntp variables using ntpq

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Fri Feb 17 21:31:28 UTC 2006

>And interesting variation on having NTP discipline your clock, you could
>instead use it to measure the temperature fluctuations of your clock!

It's pretty easy to see the correlations between temperature and drift.
They are much better if you measure the temperature of the crystal
rather than the temperature of the air leaving your box.

The HP/Agilent 2804A Quartz Thermometer used a crystal as a temperature
probe.  I gather is was pretty good, but I can't find a manual online.