[ntp:questions] Re: Local NTP for 5 Subnets

Heiko Gerstung heiko.gerstung_removeme_ at meinberg.de
Fri Feb 24 12:56:37 UTC 2006

Maarten Wiltink schrieb:
> I applaud and thank Martin for his efforts, but note that I said
> "harder". Not "impossible".
>
> I do consider it more awkward in Windows. No easily edited[0] scripts
> are involved in starting and stopping services, and the GUI service
> manager has an editbox for parameters to the executable... but it
> doesn't work. IIRC you have to add the parameters directly to the
> command line, which is labeled "path to executable" and is only
> _displayed_ in a read-only textbox. So you have to make changes in
> the registry, which always makes people go "Oi! Be careful!".

You can use our Time Server Monitor application (free, of course) which
allows you to change a number of commandline parameters for your NTP
service. It additionally helps you keeping an eye on your NTP servers,
as it supports remote status monitoring.

Give it a try, its nice :-) (www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm)

Regards,
Heiko

MEINBERG Radio Clocks
www.meinberg.de

IRIG. Rackmount and desktop versions and PCI slot cards.