[ntp:questions] HBG did not? (was: MSF leap)

Serge Bets serge.bets at NOSPAM.laposte.invalid
Mon Jan 2 22:59:44 UTC 2006

 On Sunday, January 1, 2006 at 19:31:47 +0000, David Malone wrote:

> and there's a really neat plot of several time signals at:
> http://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2005-December/002394.html

That's really the nicest capture I've seen so far! I want it on a
T-shirt, and on mugs. ;-)

But I fear: Looking closely at the Swiss HBG signal, it seems it didn't
leap. I mean: The plain hour minute marker, 3 pulses of 100 ms, is *on*
the 23:59:60 UTC second. The next second 0:00:00 has only a normal
single pulse... At minute 0:11 the minute marker was OK though, and what
happened in between is unknown. Was it a quickly corrected problem, or
just the normal way HBG behaves during leaps?

Serge.