[ntp:questions] Re: Drift handling....

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Wed Jan 4 10:42:04 UTC 2006

>You don't normally expect the drift on your watch to change unless you do
>something stupid like drop it onto concrete, so if the news was off time
>one day, in the first instance you might like to believe your watch rather
>than the TV - the football had overrun it's time!  However, if the news
>gets further and further off time over a period of a few days, then
>perhaps it's your watch and not the TV station which is wrong!

I've been told that one of the key reasons that digital watches
work so well is that they run in a nice temperature controlled
environment.  If you take them off at night and leave them on
your unheated bedside stand for severa hours they don't work as well.

(I haven't done the experiment to back that up.)