[ntp:questions] Re: What went wrong with the leap second

Serge Bets serge.bets at NOSPAM.laposte.invalid
Thu Jan 5 15:25:51 UTC 2006

Hello David,

 On Thursday, January 5, 2006 at 4:17:58 +0000, David L. Mills wrote:

> In all the testing with this thing, I never got unexpected behavior,
> but since lots of others did experience pinball machine behavior, some
> wee thing must have been overlooked. Workin' on it.

I may seem to have observed a game where the ball is first magnetised to
one side, then only later or much later resume side to side pinball
behaviour. I mean: During hours the freq was wildly positive. Meanwhile
half a dozen "time resets" took place, all positive, without notably
correcting frequency. Then later freq suddenly jumped to over negative,
and the next time reset was negative. Then positive. Then negative. And
so on.

Serge.