[ntp:questions] Re: What went wrong with the leap second

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 10 15:32:21 UTC 2006

David L. Mills wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I'm a little confused. I found and fixed the bug and revealed the ugly
> truth on this frequency. The issue is which pinball machine had the
> prior bugfix and which did not. In this particular case the best
> approach was to holler from the rooftops on this list.
>
> Dave
>
> Harlan Stenn wrote:

>> Richard replied:
>>

>>> What's wrong with posting a brief summary plus the URL for the full
>>> report
>>> to this newsgroup/list?  I'm not sure that every bug should be reported
>>> here; but if it's a serious bug AND if there is a fix or workaround
>>> available, people should know about it.
>>

>> A volunteer to do this would be welcome.

Dave,

We were talking about a different bug!!   I posted originally because I
found out, days after the leap second, that a leap second bug in the
Motorola Oncore driver had been found and fixed days prior to the leap
second.  I thought that there should a mechanism to notify people about
bugs with fixes.