[ntp:questions] Re: Looking for time sync hardware supported under Linux for under $400?

Etienne Favey reader at favey.lugs.ch
Wed Jan 18 22:18:24 UTC 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Mark Hansen wrote:

> It is possible to find a time synchronization device which is
> supported by the NTP software (NTP version 4.2.0.a on CentOS 4.2)
> for under $400?
>
> In looking at the various solutions, all I see one units which
> appear to be pretty expensive. Are there less-expensive (perhaps
> GPS-based) units which are supported by NTP?
>
> Is there anything available in the few-hundred-dollar price range?

Hi Mark,

Well its not under $400, as they sell at $499, but I have got
a u-blox [1] Antaris GPS EvalKit running with NTP 4.2.0a and a
Linux-nano patched kernel.
You can easily order it using their online shop.

[1] http://www.u-blox.com/

It works well with the GPS-NMEA driver and it produces
a 1 PPS on the DCD line. This is what I get with it:

remote        refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter
*GPS_NMEA(0)   .GPS.      0 l   12   64  377    0.000   -0.094   0.001

Sincerely,
Etienne