[ntp:questions] Re: MSIE Javascript Problem

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid
Thu Jan 19 13:08:57 UTC 2006

Serge Bets wrote:
> Hello Steve, David,
>
> On Thursday, January 19, 2006 at 8:57:25 +0000, David J. Taylor wrote:
>
>> Steve Kostecke wrote:
>>> AFAIKT this has been fixed. Would someone with MSIE please test it?
>
> On [preview] or [save] I still get "error on page" as David, together
> with this popup as John:
>
>> Ligne: 50
>> Car:   3
>> Erreur:Cet objet ne gère pas cette propriété ou cette méthode
>> Code:  0
>

>> Either I'm looking at the wrong Java console, or it's not reporting
>> any errors.
>
> There is nothing in common between Java and JavaScript, out of the
> voluntarily confusing name. In MSIE go to Internet options, Advanced,
> Navigation, and check the "Display notification at each script error"
> or such option. There is there also a "Disable script debugger"
> option, but I did not understood its effect.
>

> Serge.

Serge,

Yes, I'm well aware of the difference between Java and JavaScript - I just
vaguely remembered someone mentioning a Console last time!

Turning on the "Display notification..." I get the same error as you -
Object does not support this method" at the same line number.

Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,
David