[ntp:questions] Re: SUSE OSS 10 NTPD Clock Drift

garskof garskof at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 20:39:00 UTC 2006

The system is a old Dell Precision 420 Dual Pentium III 750Mhz. It is
SCUZY drives and a gig of memory. It is just an old box that a poor old
J2EE Developer like myself uses for my own local testing, so it is not
under much of a load at all. I had run Windoze on it for a while, and
then Red Hat, but I reciently moved it to SUSE OSS 10. It is kernal
2.6.13-15-smp.

I think the box just has a bum clock. But I was hopping that NTP would
"keep it in line". Seems it drifts too fast for NTP to manage.

I would prefer to have NTP be more "agressive" [?] about pushing the
clock, if there was a way to do that. If not I guess I will go the cron
route.

--
garskof