[ntp:questions] Re: This is tougher than I thought?

Axonn axonnus at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 12:15:02 UTC 2006

NT 5 brings a lot of new stuff, and a few security glitches with that
stuff : ). But 2000 is pretty solid by now. Anyway, this escapes the
topic so I'd rather mail you about it.

Unfortunately lots of those Google search hits are .Net and I'm not
interested in .Net since it's very low in portability and few people
would install .Net on low-end machines just to have a few programs they
could live without. I avoid .Net whenever I can. As for the other hits,
there are some components but they cost and I don't think there's
anything helpful there but then again I can't stay too much searching
for that. I guess in a desparate case I can even buy a component, since
I already invested 170$ (and that's pretty much where I come from) in
the website of this program even if the program itself will always be
free.

I guess I can then use sockets from VC++ or even Visual Basic to send
the data. I got a Send method there but I need to know what to dump in
it : ). A packet isn't a string and isn't a number either. It's that
structure you wrote above... I can probably send that... *scatches
head*. I think it's the first thing I'll try once I finish this Beta 2
version which presses me immensely right now since I self-imposed a
deadline of 25 January to myself.