[ntp:questions] announce PPSkit-2.1.6 (Linux 2.4.32)

Mon Jan 23 14:48:25 UTC 2006

Hello,

here's the second extended maintenance relase of PPSkit 2.1.  I just merged
the previous patch against a more recent kernel. I could not do testing
however as my current system lacks the required module tools for the older 4.4
kernel.  The patch also includes patches to compile with gcc-4.02 (as shipped
with SuSE Linux 10.0). The compiler will spit out tons of warnings, but
compilation will succeed.

Anyway, here you are: -- Enjoy

			      NEWS for 2.1.6

* Merged patch to Linux-2.4.32. This will be the last patch for Linux
  kernel 2.4 (as it is virtually bug-free).

* Changed source to compile with "gcc-4.0.2 20050901 (prerelease)"

Begin3
Title:          PPSkit
Version:        2.1.6
Entered-date:   2006-01-22
		resolution.  Upgrades the kernel clock model for NTP v4
		(nanokernel '#4'), including PPS support.  Adds support for
		capturing external timestamps with high precision via RFC 2783
		(PPS API v1).  Fixes several defects in the clock model and
		adds new features like `/proc/sys/kernel/time'.