[ntp:questions] Re: This is tougher than I thought?

Axonn axonnus at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 14:50:36 UTC 2006

Thanks for answering, David, Danny, Maarten...

David: I think you just saved my life since that code is really helpful
and is pretty much exactly what I need. I can port it to VC++ or use it
directly from VB. Thank you a lot!!!

Danny: wasn't thinking at re-inventing the wheel anyway. But I didn't
find any ready-to-use tools until David showed me that. I wouldn't have
imagined NTP is such a big thing but I like it. I would study it more
but I got a software to finish and priorities to set. I just wanted a
piece of mind from you experts in this matters. And you really saved me
of a lot of hours of dirt digging probably.

Some more questions:
1. I know this is a stupid question probably, but I'm still gonna ask
it: synchronizing via SNTP should discard network latencies right? So
if I got a lag of 5 seconds to a server, I should still get the time
within a pretty accurate margin.

2. Why do some servers have "stratum" = 1 and other = 2?