[ntp:questions] Re: Reach error codes

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Wed Jan 25 04:54:46 UTC 2006

Dave,

> I asked the question some time ago whether you or another author
> stipulated that the SNTP client does or does not comply with the proposed
> ID update of rfc2030, which has apparently become rfc4330. I say
> apparently, because I saw and downloaded it a few jiffies ago, but it is
> not in the RFC list now. In any case, I did not get an answer.

I do not know the answer to your question for two reasons:

- I don't know what you mean by the  proposed ID update
- Even if I did, I have not been paying attention to the sntp code, as we
  now have somebody who is the maintainer for that code

I do know that if there is a problem we can fix it.

As for the deployment schedule, as soon as some of the outstanding bugs in
the existing sntp codebase are fixed I plan to deprecate ntpdate.