[ntp:questions] Re: Reach error codes

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Thu Jan 26 04:17:19 UTC 2006

>>> In article <dr94tp$fbi$1 at dewey.udel.edu>, "David L. Mills" <mills at udel.edu> writes:

David> Harlan, Is the maintainer aware of the issues? There are a bunch of
David> guys at NIST, USNO and UWisc who would really sleep better knowing
David> the SNTP that comes from here is an upstart network citizen. It would
David> also set a really important precedent.

I've asked him.

David> An appropriate way to do this is a simple disclaimer README in the
David> sntp directory that says the implementation conforms to the
David> requirements of rfc4330, assuming that RFC rejoins the IETF list.

That makes sense, after we make sure it's true!

David> Is the SNTP maintainer contact info on the copyright page? I asked
David> you for a list of folks that should be added, but have no reponse.

I've been swamped.  I expect I'll be swamped for a while.  I'm not sure if
I'll dribble the names in or just schedule time and do it yet.