[ntp:questions] Re: This is tougher than I thought?

David Woolley david at djwhome.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 27 07:44:56 UTC 2006

In article <43D8D70D.7020502 at ntp.isc.org> Danny wrote:
> Harlan Stenn wrote:
> > A threaded newsreader is all that's needed, right?

> How do you use a threaded newsreader to read email? for what?

This forum is not an email forum, it is a Usenet one.  There is an
email gateway from it, but it is the responsibility of the users of that
gateway to compensate for their use of a degraded interface.

In any case, there are combined news and mail user agents that do thread
mail, and people also run reverse gateways to convert mailing lists into
local newsgroups.

The reason people use threading readers for mail is that mailing lists
generate the same sort of thread trees as other types of forum.

(For the record, though, I believe that selective quoting before each
point in the reply is best.)

[Harlan, please note that your References header was broken.]