[ntp:questions] Re: This is tougher than I thought?

Per Hedeland per at hedeland.org
Sat Jan 28 14:05:43 UTC 2006

In article <3NidnTMnN87Lh0feRVn-rA at comcast.com> "Richard B. Gilbert"
<rgilbert88 at comcast.net> writes:
>David Woolley wrote:
>
>>[Harlan, please note that your References header was broken.]

Hm, seems perfectly fine to me?

>It seems to me that I have heard that complaint before . . .  endlessly!

Nah, it was just that a while ago, the mailing list gateway brokenly
mangled the Message-IDs, making it impossible to have correct References
headers, and Brad insisted that it would lead to total destruction of
Usenet if it was fixed - but then Steve just fixed it anyway.:-) Of
course it's impossible to have the threading work 100% perfectly when
any mailing list gateway is involved, but it sure is "good enough" the
way it is now (and Harlan doesn't post via the mailing list anyway it
seems).

--Per Hedeland
per at hedeland.org