[ntp:questions] Re: Errors with NMEA refclock

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Jan 29 22:58:23 UTC 2006

Harlan Stenn said the following on 01/29/2006 05:32 PM:

> Danny> If there's something wrong with the baud rates lets get it fixed. We
> Danny> just have to know what's wrong.
>
> There's a reason it's set to 4800.  I don't know what the reason is, but
> there is a reason.

I believe that the standard for NMEA-0183 is 4800 baud, so that's
probably where it came from.

However, the hard-coded serial port settings in the drivers have been a
pain for me more than once -- I'd sure be happy to see some mechanism to
allow more flexibility there (but no, I don't have the skill to do it).

John