[ntp:questions] Re: PPS working or not? FreeBSD 5.4

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Mon Jan 30 05:37:11 UTC 2006

>>> In article <qObDf.11636$wl.1818 at text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, "David J Taylor" <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid> writes:

David> Many thanks, Harlan.  I'll look into this, although I am a little
David> disappointed to find that less than 24 hours after starting with
David> FreeBSD I'm having to recompile the kernel!

It's really no big deal to recompile a kernel.  The *vast* majority of folks
will never need PPS_SYNC, or a jukebox changer, or ... .  I have no problem
with them saving space by keeping things like that out of a GENERIC kernel.