[ntp:questions] Re: ntp & adsl

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid
Tue Jan 31 17:13:36 UTC 2006

Folkert van Heusden wrote:
[]
> Is there any way you know how I can fix this?

Can you use the "fudge" config entry to remove the delays in your radio
clock?  This provides a 0.213s adjustment (213msec).

fudge  127.127.8.0  time1 0.213

Example:
  http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/drivers/driver8.html

[]
> Hmmm ok. So far it doesn't give any problems as things will sync
> always against internet NTP-servers, making the local DCF77 receiver
> rather useless.
> I'm a little afraid, though, that when all systems in my lan have a
> DCF77-ish (well, an MFS and HFS receiver) receiver, things will become
> very jumpy by switching back and forth between internet and local
> clock(s).

You could use the "prefer" entry for the DCF77 server on each client.

server  <radio>  prefer iburst
#
server 0.pool.ntp.org  iburst
server 1.pool.ntp.org  iburst