[ntp:questions] Re: Nagios NTP Warnings - All My Servers

Joachim Schrod jschrod at acm.org
Sun Jul 2 15:34:23 UTC 2006

Danny Mayer wrote:
> Joachim Schrod wrote:
>>
>> I'll open a bug ticket for this at the Nagios project, as ntpd
>> monitoring is obviously seriously botched.
>
> The ntp person from Nagios was on recently asking questions.

Yes, and for the record, in case someone searches in Google groups for problems
with ntp and Nagios:

Opening a bug ticket for the check_ntp Perl script was not necessary. The Nagios
project has implemented a new version of the script, as a C program that uses
the NTP protocol to query the servers for their state. No erroneous parsing of
external programs is involved any more.

Cheers,
	Joachim

Joachim Schrod				Email: jschrod at acm.org