[ntp:questions] Re: Leap second hangover?

Markus Rehbach Markus.Rehbach at gmx.de
Sun Jul 2 19:02:50 UTC 2006

David J Taylor wrote:

> Karel Sandler wrote:
> []
>> According to the www.pool.ntp.org there are 57 UK servers today. All
>> these servers (3 S1, 32 S2, 20 S3 and 2 S4) have 'leap 00' (at Jul 1
>> 23:36 UTC) and all those three S1 were OK according to the pool
>> scores. But - one more server (S1) has been there until Jul 1 03 AM
>> UTC. Maybe, don't know.
>>
>> Karel Sandler
>
> Thanks for that information, Karel.  I've added it to my small write-up of
> the July 2006 glitch!
>
>   http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/ntp/ntp-events.htm#2006-07-01
>
> Am I the only person who saw this problem?

I?m seeing intermittent problems using DCF77 receivers (Tobit Timelan) and
leap seconds. Sometimes leap_add_sec ist set in lower strata, dunno why and
when it is set. Will capture the packets from (and make a ntpq -crv on) the
DCF77 boxes and will see when it will happen. Finding out 'why' will be a
little difficult for me.

Cheers

Markus