[ntp:questions] Re: min g option in ntp.conf

David D. Hagood wowbagger at sktc.net
Tue Jul 4 13:48:21 UTC 2006

Frans Grotepass wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 July 2006 14:05, Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
>> Frans Grotepass wrote:
>> Why do you believe that doing so would
>> be a wise use of scarce resources?

> continues with clockskew. How does this hamper my resources?

By "scarce resources" I believe he meant "scare programming resources on
the NTP project" - as in "Why do we have to make this change, test this
change, document this change, and support this change, when you could
just pass -g as one of the elements of argv[] you pass to the main()
routine of the embedded NTP client and be done with it."

I've done that sort of thing myself on embedded projects - just pass the
options you need on the fake command line you pass to the embedded program.