[ntp:questions] Re: local DCF-clock not connected to RxD

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Wed Jul 5 14:45:13 UTC 2006

Hello Reinhold,

Reinhold wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
> I'm using a modified Meinberg AW-02 receiver that outputs a raw
> timecode with TTL-level.
> NTP try to set a baud rate of 50 but my hardware does not support this

If I remember correctly we have already discussed this on the phone, and you
are using a RS-232-to-USB converter.

While this may work with a device which transmits an ASCII string (in spite
of the jitter introduced by the USB bus) I doubt NTP's RAW_DCF driver would
at all be able to decode the raw DCF77 time marks properly after they have
been transferred via USB.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki