[ntp:questions] Re: PPS Kit for kernel 2.6

R Jenkins not at pub.lished
Wed Jul 5 23:00:35 UTC 2006

"DJ" <drnj at freemail.redherring.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1152047956.816183.283710 at b68g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi
> Can anyone enlighten me on how to get a PPSKit for a 2.6 kernel ???

Look for the 'PPSkit-light-' patches. These can be applied to the matching
2.6.x kernel source tree to add PPS capability.

In my case I was using a 2.6.16.x kernel & could only find the 2.6.15.1
patch, but it only took a few minutes to edit the rejects in by hand.

There are also two include files that need copying - timex.h & timepps.h
Without these NTP will compile but PPS does not work...

Apparently the instructions for this are in the 2.4 PPSKit, but I did'nt see
them anywhere with the -light patch..

Hope this is of use,
Robert Jenkins.