[ntp:questions] Re: ntptrace returns stratum 16, ntpq -p shows sync with stratum 2 server.

usenet at jaloob.com usenet at jaloob.com
Thu Jul 6 10:08:28 UTC 2006

Thanks for all of the responses

Just a followup on the situation (I always feel that not enough people
say exactly what happened in the end on usenet posts like these)

I think it was just down to having too few servers, and NTP not being
confident about which ones to synchronise with. I didn't actually
change the setup as it was at the end of the day. I came back about 18
hours later, and everything was running fine.

as for the burst option... I only used burst with the ISPs ntp server,
because we're paying them. I didn't want to do a DLink! :-)

When I have another look at the ntp configuration, I'll pick out 4 or
so good servers which are nearby on the network, and to avoid the pool.

Thanks all!