[ntp:questions] Re: min g option in ntp.conf

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Thu Jul 6 23:07:01 UTC 2006

Danny wrote:

> The quick way to deal with this is to change the cmd_args.c to set it on
> even without the -g switch. Or do you still want it to be optional?

Why go to that much trouble and why recommend a solution that "hides" the
behavior?  I already posted the answer, which is to look at whatever html
page is in the docs that says how to do this trivally, with the current
resources, in a way which does not "hide" the behavior in an undocumented
code change.