[ntp:questions] Re: NTP 4.2.2p2 Released

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Sun Jul 9 20:29:29 UTC 2006

> Are we having daily releases now?  A "stable" release that is superseded
> in a single day seems to me to lack some sort of stability!

Are you posting without reading the ChangeLog?  That would seem to me to be
a lack of ... I'll stop that thought.

The good news is that I discovered a fix for a problem with sntp under AIX-5
(clearly nobody had built it there) just after p1 was released, so I put
that one change in to p2.

The bad news is that while this patch built fine on all the systems I have
here, somebody out there has a system where the patch does not work, so
there will be a p3 coming out soon.

If you don't care about sntp under AIX-5 (and apparently nobody has before)
then stick with p1 and make your own decision if/when p4 comes out (or
perhaps p3, if it contains more than the cleanup for the current problem).