[ntp:questions] Re: NTP 4.2.2p2 Released

Jan Ceuleers janspam.ceuleers at skynet.be
Mon Jul 10 17:42:18 UTC 2006

Harlan Stenn wrote:
>> Are we having daily releases now?  A "stable" release that is superseded
>> in a single day seems to me to lack some sort of stability!
>
> Are you posting without reading the ChangeLog?  That would seem to me to be
> a lack of ... I'll stop that thought.

Harlan,

Can I second Richard's request for a changelog to be made available
separately from the release itself, and linked to from the release
announcement?

Also, can I suggest that some sort of advice from the project team be
included within release announcements, as to how important it is that
existing installations upgrade to this new release, for example:

* this is a security fix - upgrade asap;

* this is a bug-fix release relevant only to OS x, y and z, or only to
users who use features a, b and c - upgrade if relevant to you;

* this is a feature upgrade - upgrade if the new features interest you.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for doing a thankless job!

Best regards, Jan