[ntp:questions] Re: PPS kit and Spectracom TTS240rb

Tue Jul 11 06:38:50 UTC 2006

abrown at mlp.com writes:

> Fellow techs,
>
> Thanks for tuning into my issue of the day. I need to achieve 2 things.
> The first is to obtain and install the PPS kit onto Spectracom's
> TTS240rb. I spoke with the support folks a Spectracom and they
> suggested I post here. The second is to install the PPS kernel
> components on a RedHat ES 4 system running 2.6.9-XX.
>
> I've managed to download and compile the nanokernel package from Mr.
> David Mills' site, but getting the (working) hooks into my distro have
> eluded me. The test program that was provided in the package ran
> without incident (if that helps).

So you are basically looking for someone that writes code for you? There is no
released PPSkit for Linux kernel 2.6, and definitely not for any Enterprise
Server release. Dave Mills' nanokernel is a "simulator" AFAIK/R. So what do
you expect by running it?

Regards,
Ulrich