[ntp:questions] Re: Question about TrueTime NTS-100i

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Thu Jul 20 06:52:23 UTC 2006

Bob Radvanovsky wrote:
> Not sure if this is the appropriate place or not for this, but figured that since it deals with NTP, and GPS time bases, this would be as good of a place as any to ask my question, so here goes...
>
> I have a TrueTime NTS-100i server.  It does GPS time synchronization, and I *think* that it does NTP, too.  Problem is, is there is an epoch issue with the server.  Anyone know *how* to fix this without having to spend $2000+ USD on a replacement???  I don't have that kind of cash, and thought that I might be able to use it (not realizing that it has an epoch issue).
>
> Any ideas, people?  Private email or here is fine.  Email is "rsradvan at unixworks.net".

I've had the old NTS-100 for many years, at one point in time, possibly
Y2K, I needed to upgrade the firmware.

Talk to Symmetricom! Even though quite a few of the original TrueTime
people have left, they still seem like a good company, and they might
still have your missing firmware update available.

 From very fuzzy memory, ISTR that you need to swap out a pair of EPROM
devices. :-)

Terje

--