[ntp:questions] Re: Slew mode check for XNTP

Sasikumar Jayaraman sasi05 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 02:18:40 UTC 2006

Hi Danny,

     I feel i am close to the resolution. Thanks much for your time !

Let me answer your question "Why I need slewalways?"

Well, customer is asking for slew mode operation and also slew mode is good
for system which runs database I learnt. So when XNTP has option of slewing
the clock, "why not test it?" out per customer.

I know W32Time slew works well. But I prefer XNTP also XNTP has many merits
too.

As you said, my last option is to download 4.2.2 and check it out with ntpd
-x -g -q option instead of ntpdate.

But I have tough time in finding Windows binaries for XNTP 4.2.2

Let me dig on internet for somemore time.

Appreciate if anyone could help me on Windows binary for XNTP 4.2.2

Thanks,
Sasi.