[ntp:questions] Re: NTP 4.2.1-RC1 is available for testing

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Thu Mar 2 13:21:51 UTC 2006

Harlan,

Harlan Stenn wrote:
> The snapshots/ subdir always gets a date-stamped filename.
>
> I'm happy to discuss how we can improve the situation, and I'm not going
> to hold up the 4.2.1 release cycle because of the snapshot filename.

I'm afraid you totally misunderstood me. I really, really don't want to hold
up the release.

I just thought it would be better if the same file was available from
different places with the same name. In this case I would prefer if both
file names had the time stamp.

Imagine different people who download either of the files. If they want to
compare and discuss the results they first have to find out whether both
files have the same contents, or whether they just accidentally have
similar names but contents from different patch levels.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren