[ntp:questions] Re: NTP 4.2.1-RC1 is available for testing

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.isc.org
Fri Mar 3 17:02:00 UTC 2006

Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.isc.org> wrote:

> I understand, and I am happy to remove the RC1 stuff from the snapshot
> directory.

Why the RC* tarballs are located anywhere _but_ the snapshot tree?

If it's a matter of accessibility, why not just create a symlink to the
file in the snapshot tree using the same (i.e. time-stamped) filename.

> If, for some reason, we have patch releases to RC1 then *they* would appear
> in the snapshot directory and have a timestamp.

Doesn't the designation of 'Release Candidate' merely mean that this
development snapshot is considered to be "good enough to release"?