[ntp:questions] Re: why does my unauthenticated peer still sync?

mlawdawg@yahoo.com mlawdawg at comcast.net
Wed Mar 8 18:36:36 UTC 2006

Hi Harlan,

Looking at the same source location in
ntp-dev-4.2.0b-rc1-20060306.tar.gz I find that Host A will still NOT
mobilize a symmetric passive association, it will still respond via
fast_xmit(), but with one significant difference: the mode in the
response will be symmetric active (MODE_ACTIVE), not symmetric passive
like 4.2.0.

Whether the response mode is active or passive, won't Host B still sync
with Host A even though Host A required authentication and Host B
provided none?

Tx,
mlaw