[ntp:questions] Re: synchronization

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.isc.org
Fri Mar 10 17:44:53 UTC 2006

On 2006-03-10, Ron Croonenberg <ronc at depauw.edu> wrote:
> Richard B. Gilbert wrote:

>> noquery, on a line by itself is invalid!!!
>
> Well..  I took the "default" config file and it was in there..  so I
> left it there.

AFAIK the NTP Reference Implementation distribution does not contain any
sample configuration files. That default configuration was most likely
provided by your OS vendor or distribution aggregator.

>> Next, the three servers you are using appear poorly chosen.
>
> Ok..  so how do I find different servers ?

The Public Time Server lists are at http://ntp.isc.org/servers

Choose servers from the Secondary Servers list

	http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Servers/StratumTwoTimeServers

or use the NTP Pool

	http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Servers/NTPPoolServers

or both, depending upon your requirements.