[ntp:questions] Re: synchronization

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk
Sun Mar 12 09:13:25 UTC 2006

Danny Mayer wrote:
> David L. Mills wrote:
>> Steve,
>>
>> The NTP development version here does contain example configuration
>> files in the ./conf directory. They might or might not be useful, but
>> they are there.
>>
>> Dave
>>
> Yes, there are, but I think that most of them are too complex for
> beginners. We should come up with some simple config files with
> comments to demonstrate different aspects of setting up an ntpd
> server.
>
> Danny

One of the nice things about the Meinberg Windows port:

  http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm

is that it will generate a configuration file for you.  Perhaps the file
it generates (which uses the pool servers) might be a suitable example?
You might need both Unix and Windows variants.

By the way, I suspect far more NTP clients are set up rather than servers,
so perhaps a simple client-only configuration might a good place to start
for a simple file.

Cheers,
David