[ntp:questions] Re: More peering theory - refclocks in the mix

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Fri Mar 17 06:21:07 UTC 2006

>>> In article <D8ednbvsTLKmRITZRVn-uA at gwi.net>, "Joshua Coombs" <jcoombs at gwi.net> writes:

>> For some refclocks this make sense (as they may provide timestamps once
>> per second), and I believe Dave has done some work on handling this case
>> for some refclocks.

Joshua> I tried it, and I can't observe any change on the ACTS refclock.  I
Joshua> still only get one time stamp line logged in clockstats per call.

I forget where Dave made this change - it will show up because ntpd will
believe the refclock "sooner" (like maybe within a minute) instead of after
something like 16 minutes.  I forget the details...