[ntp:questions] Information needed regarding the *struct interface*

Arul Kumar C arulkumar.c at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 15:11:15 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Could you please enlighten me on a basic doubt in the fundamental data
structure of NTP, the *interface* structure.

>From the NTPv4 code (ntp-4.2.0), we could see that NTP creates socket
descriptor for each of the interface present on the node and stores in
inter_list[].  Would not a single UDP socket per node would be
sufficient through which all the NTP traffic could be sent or received.
 Am I missing any basic understanding on this part of the code, could
you please help me here.

Thanks,
Arul Kumar C