[ntp:questions] Re: How to configure gps/pps with ntp?

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Sun Mar 26 23:33:19 UTC 2006

>>> In article <sO2dnfNORPAXUrvZRVn-jg at comcast.com>, "Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> writes:

Richard> I, also, find the wiki to have a counter intuitive user interface
Richard> and a rather steep learning curve.  I could learn it if I needed to
Richard> use it every day but for once a year usage it's a little too much.

It's gonna take people like you to speak up and do a little extra digging so
we can point you (and others like you) at the TWiki documentation.  I also
recommend 'biting off a smaller piece'.

And I find it hard to believe folks have that much difficulty locating the
"edit" link and clicking on it.  Yes, it's a bit small, but in general folks
want to see the information on the page, not the edit link.  And once you
know where the edit link is, it's pretty much in exactly the same place on
every other page you visit.

Once you click on the "edit" link and the edit page comes up there is a link
on the top of the left menu bar for GoodStyle (which is a useful intro
piece) and TextFormatting (which is a useful reference while editing a
page).

Just give it a try, do something simple, and if you have a problem let
somebody know.  Somebody who is a bit more comfortable with editing and
formatting can clean up your additions, and if you go back and look what
they did you'll be able to see what they did.

Put another way, the more you do the easier it gets.

Put yet another way, it's so simple *I* was able to figure it out.