[ntp:questions] Re: 4.2.1-RC

Ronan Flood ronan at noc.ulcc.ac.uk
Tue Mar 28 14:47:12 UTC 2006

mayer at ntp.isc.org (Danny Mayer) wrote:

> > How does ISC do it for BIND?  It has RCs.
>
> ISC does BIND releases differently as I think you know.

Not really: I've seen RCs and new versions appear, but I've not
followed the details -- specifically in this case if the release
is identical to the final RC except for the version number.

> We
> automatically generate tarballs whenever the repository is updated.

Ah you mean different in that sense, continuous release effectively.

> Release engineering is a rather complicated process. Having been
> involved in both BIND and NTP as well as running a release engineering
> group, it's rather something best left to the release engineer.

Oh fair enough.

--
                      Ronan Flood <R.Flood at noc.ulcc.ac.uk>
                        working for but not speaking for