[ntp:questions] Which ntp driver?

Greg Dowd GDowd at symmetricom.com
Tue Mar 28 20:55:35 UTC 2006

I haven't used these myself but our tech support guys say the output is
likely the same on all of them.  If no one chimes in, I'd suggest trying
the GPS one, 15.

Message: 10
Date: 28 Mar 2006 12:33:33 -0800
From: "vwvr6vw" <brian.l.hostetler at lmco.com>
Subject: [ntp:questions] Which ntp driver?
To: questions at lists.ntp.isc.org

I am planning on hooking up a TrueTime XL-DC GPS receiver to an IBM
processor running AIX 4.3.  I'm new to ntp and I would like to know
which ntp driver should be used for connecting to this receiver?  The
options I see are as follows:

5 - GOES TRUETIME
11 - OMEGA_TRUETIME
15 - GPSTM_TRUTIME
25 - TRUETIME

Others seem to be using option 5.  Is there any documentation around
that shows which driver should be used?

Greg Dowd
gdowd at symmetricom dot com (antispam format)
Technologist, TT&M Div.
Symmetricom, Inc.
www.symmetricom.com
"The current implementation is non-obvious and may need to be improved."