[ntp:questions] Difference between offset in loopstat and peerstat files

Tanguy.ropitault at gmail.com Tanguy.ropitault at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 10:17:11 UTC 2006

Hi,
I have a big problem. I have read the NTP documentation and a lot of
things on the Internet but there is still one question I can't answer?
What is the difference between the offset field in peerstat file and
loopstat file?
For me, in the peerstat, it lists the offset between client time and
server time for all the servers that the client can synchronize with.
And in the loopstat file, it lists the difference between the client
and the server that it's currently synchronised with.
So why for the server you are synchronizing with there is difference
between offset's loopstat field and offset's peerstat field?
Thank you...