[ntp:questions] Re: Garmin 18lvc working (finally!)

jkline john at johnkline.com
Wed Mar 29 16:54:03 UTC 2006

It looks like the software is working well.  I believe you are getting
the clk_faults when the GPS cannot see the minimum number of satellites
it needs.  Ntpd then correctly switches to another source and correctly
switches back when the GPS regains view of enough satellites.

Try a better position.  BTW, I also have the Garmin 18lvc.  I
(temporarily) enabled one of the nmea sentences that displays the
number of satellites being tracked and observed the sentences to find a
good spot.  Not surprisingly, that was on my roof.  Now ntpd never
switches from the gps.

John