[ntp:questions] Running Meinbergs NTP server on Windows 2003

Lacko, Gert gert.lacko at edf.de
Wed Mar 29 06:04:36 UTC 2006

Folks,

I would like to synchronize my UNIX machines, hardware boxes,  etc. with
the same time server all my Windows clients use.

This is an Windows 2003 Sp1 machine.

I installed the Meinberg ntp software. Issuing an "ntpq -p" shows the
correct NTP server being contacted by the W2k3 machine.

Means to me, the software is "working". "Netstat -an" tells me, that
UDP/123 is opened. The firewall is disabled.

However, when I try to set the time on AIX using the setclock command, I
receive an error "a remote host refused an attempted connect operation".

Even a Windows client responds to "net time \\timeserver
<file:///\\timeserver> " with "access denied".

What's going wrong? What do I have to do, in order to make the time
services accessible to every machine on that subnet?

Thank you in advance,

Gert.