[ntp:questions] ntpd sigsegv's

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Thu May 4 19:11:12 UTC 2006

Hi all,

ntpd seems to sigsegv when my ntp servers try to sync against an S2
server running IPv6.  I found a post[1] from long ago mentioning
running with a '-4' option either with ntpd or in the ntp.conf file.
However, I could find no mention of this '-4' option anywhere, either
at ntp.isc.org on the wiki, or in the source for ntpd-4.2.0a.

Ideally, I'd like to use this option, or something like it, in the
ntp.conf file rather than mucking with the init-script wich execs
ntpd, but I couldn't find any examples of how to use this option in
that way.  Is it simply:

  server IPv6.somewhere.net -4
?

My OS config is Debian/Linux with a 2.4.31 kernel running
4.2.0a+stable-2sarge1.  My systems are most definitely not configured
for IPv6.  Is there some documentation I've missed?

Thanks.
--
Seeya,
Paul