[ntp:questions] Error using ntpdc addserver command

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Fri May 5 20:49:43 UTC 2006

I just tried to add a server using ntpdc's addserver command.

ntpdc> addserver louie.udel.edu iburst
***Server reports a format error in the received packet (shouldn't happen)
***Retrying command with old conf_peer size
***Server reports a format error in the received packet (shouldn't happen)

This server should have been configured when I started ntpd but
apparently was not.  I recently started using the new release candidate:
4.2.1p241-RC at 1.1498 Wed Apr 26 20:17:14 EDT 2006 (1)

What's happening?  Bug #609 submitted!