[ntp:questions] netdate statements

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Sat May 6 13:53:07 UTC 2006

Wondering what I should use as a netdate statement to be run at the time of
reboot or when the system fails and has to be rebooted.
I recently had my system do a reboot for no apparent reason  while I was
away for a couple of weeks and when it came up it was an hour or so off the
correct time.  The result was my important application(s) that depended on
the correct time sat blinking at the sky for nearly two weeks until I
returned..??

Sorry about the story but just had to report that, since I am still
frustrated by my time being out in left field..

Right now I am planning on using a netdate statement such as the following:

'netdate -l 30 tcp time.nist.gov  localhost'

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a better arrangement for this
netdate statement?  Any input would be appreciated..

---
Ted Gervais,
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia, Canada